Tom Ford Lips & Boys Lipstick in Alejandro

11:28 AM

Truth be told, lipstick is one of my favorite make up item to buy (or to ask for pasalubong). Having dropped that fact, I own quite a number. I rotate my lipsticks as much as possible, but still, I rarely finish a tube. That's why I don't mind owning miniature lipsticks like this one from Tom Ford Lips & Boys range. I currently have two from this line and today, I want y'all to say hello to Alejandro.


Description according to Nordstrom: "Tom Ford Lips & Boys is a range of limited-edition clutch-sized lip colors named after the characters in Tom Ford's life. Tom Ford Lip Colour is filled with rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil to create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated color pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity."


For starters, the packaging spells luxury at its finest all over. I love how the black and gold combination of the tube looks so classy and how the insigna of Tom Ford is subtly engraved on top of the cap. Each lipstick contains only 0.07 oz/2.0g and is priced at US$35 (around Php1800+). It may be tiny, but it is still Tom Ford so expect the hefty price tag. Below is a side by side comparison between Tom Ford Alejandro and Mac Please Me (with 0.1 oz/3.0g). Again, I don't mind the miniature size. As a matter of fact, I find it adorable.


Tom Ford Lips & Boys Lipstick in Alejandro is a deep raspberry color with red undertones. It has a nice satin formula with subtle metallic finish that adds that lusciousness factor to the lips without being too frosty in any way. It is very rich and pigmented that I only need one to two swipes for the color to completely go opaque on my pigmented lips. It also adds a nice sheen to the lips. I can totally rock this without the need to go over with a lip gloss.


Formula-wise, Tom Ford did not fail short with Alejandro. It is very creamy and it glides like butter on the lips. I can wear this even if I have the driest lips and I'll be okay. Despite its really moisturizing formula, I find that this does not slide around. It stays put almost all day. I also like that this stains my lips evenly and beautifully after a few drinks and bites.

Swatch:


Swatch comparison:


On me!


Over all, the formula of this lipstick is divine. It is one of the best that I have ever tried so far. I can see myself getting more colors from this range because I really enjoyed slapping this gorgeous beauty all over my lips.

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)