Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Fleur De Lotus

3:10 PM

Meet my latest blush acquisition, the gorgeous Chanel Fleur De Lotus. I have been wanting to get my hands on this blush ever since I first swatched it. But I decided to be rational and just get it at a cheaper price at the Changi Airport during my trip to Singapore. 


 First released as part of Chanel Spring 2012 Collection, Fleur De Lotus is a warm, coral peachy pink blush that I absolutely think is universally flattering. It's comparable to Nars Orgasm, but less shimmery. Despite its baked (Euro/Asia) formula, it goes on really smooth and silky on the skin. I own other Chanel blushes - all under the baked formula, and I find the texture of this blush is much softer than the rest of the Chanel JC blushes that I have. 


Surprisingly, this blush is also so pigmented that I nearly look like a clown when I first dabbed it on my skin. I have light Asian skin and I could easily go overboard with it. I find that applying this using my Sigma F05 blush (and a light hand) does the trick for me. When applied right, it gives me the most gorgeous peachy flush ever. You can see traces of shimmers on the pan but don't fret, because they don't transfer on the skin. But you still get that healthy sheen without looking like a disco ball. And like most Chanel JC blushes, the staying power of Fleur De Lotus is also exceptional. I can go without retouching my blush and still see traces of it at the end of the day.


The only thing that kinda annoys me is the amount of blush dust that it leaves behind every time I swipe my brush on it. Perhaps, it's because of its softer texture that I get that (or maybe because my other Chanel JC blushes don't behave like that so I got a bit shocked). So I end up always wiping the excess powder with a clean tissue afterwards. Totally not a biggie if you're not as OC as I am with make up.


Swatch!


On me!


For my local readers, Chanel Fleur De Lotus retails for Php2550 and is available at all Chanel counters (inside Rustan's) nationwide.

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)